Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on DEC 3000/300
To: , <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Collin Baillie <sanac@optushome.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/13/2002 07:33:26
Lieven Dekeyser mumbled:
>>>You don't have an external SCSI-case lying around?  I scrapped=
 together
>>>that and an old SCSI-CDROM drive, worked well.
>>
>>yep... trying this right now because booting from the internal=
 CD-Rom

 @@@@@@@@@@open
>netbsd.bak: Input/output error @@@@@@@@@@open netbsd.bak.gz:=
 Input/output
 @@@@@@@@@@open
>netbsd.old.gz: Input/output error @@@@@@@@@@open onetbsd.gz:=
 Input/output
 @@@@@@@@@@open
>netbsd.alpha: Input/output error @@@@@@@@@@open=
 netbsd.alpha.gz:
>Input/output error
>
>Boot failed! Halting...
>
>?05 HLT INSTR PC=3D 00000000.20000038 PSL=3D 00000000.00000007
>

>Does this mean the CD hasn't been written correctly?
>(I've written the cdhdtape disk image to it using cdrecord on=
 linux)

>--Lieven

Lieven,

I'd probably be more inclined to use the iso image at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/1.6/alphacd.iso. (a little=
 over 80MB)

I used this for 1.5 on my 3000/400 and it worked well. I don't=
 think the
cdhdtape image (2.6MB) has a full install binary set with it.=
 Give that a
go and tell us how you went. You should be able to write this=
 from any
Windoze PC program that supports burning from an iso image.

Collin Baillie