Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on DEC 3000/300
To: Jochen Kmietsch <jochen.kmietsch@tu-clausthal.de>
From: Lieven Dekeyser <lieven@zeus.rug.ac.be>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/11/2002 16:16:08
> > > now if only I could get this thing to netboot...
>
> Attach a CD drive and boot via CD-ROM.  At least that's what I did, b/c I
> was not brave enough to do a firmware-update :)

The 4 model 300 's hav no floppy or CD, and an old firmware, so updating
the firmware and netboot installation can't be done on these. (or can it?)

Luckily we've got one model 400 with CD-ROM drive, so I guess I'll have to
use that one to install NetBSD and then copy the installation to the
harddisks of the 300's. let's hope this'll work...

--Lieven