Subject: 1.6 error messages
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@jkmrc.uq.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/10/2002 14:33:36
I don't know how useful it will be but I thought I'd mention two
messages which appeared on the console of my PWS 500 yesterday.
(It's running NetBSD/alpha 1.6 with 256 MB RAM and a QLogic ISP1020
card.)

The first appeared when I was untarring some files using

$ for i in tmp/*gz
>  do
>  tar zxpf $i
>  done

It was:

     /netbsd: sd0(isp0:0:1:0): adapter resource shortage

but there was no sign of a problem apart from that.  This one
appeared perhaps half a dozen times.

The second was:

     /netbsd: tlp0: fatal system error: master abort

which occurred when I attempted to ftp a file (a little more than 2
MB in size) from the PWS when it was building a -current
distribution.  I was using the PWS' built-in NIC.  In this case the
machine froze and had to be power cycled.

Ray