Subject: Re: DEc Alpha Network install
To: None <uash@ampnet.net>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/08/2002 22:22:22
"uriel ash" wrote:

>My next idea is to install it via NFS, BUT there is no OS on the DEC. How can
>I do a network install using only the SRM command.

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/

is a good reference.  Short form (from memory), you need to have
a server that runs bootpd or dhcpd.  It should allow tftp and serve
up the second stage bootloader.  And it needs to export nfs to the
target machine.

The command from SRM is ``boot ewa0'' where ewa0 is your ethernet
card.  If it isn't ewa0 on the 2100, you'll have to search for it
using the other SRM commands that I remember off the top of my
head. :-)  I generally do a ``show *'' and look for something that
has the sorts of settings one expects from an ethernet device.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/