Subject: Memory issue using NetBSD 1.6
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: uriel ash <uash@ampnet.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/08/2002 11:02:38
Hi All;

I'm having a minoor hassle installing NetBSD 1.6 and I was wondering if there is anyone "out there" who can maybe help me.

I have an Alpha DEC 2100A and I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.6 on it.
I get into the SRM and type:

>>boot dka500 (CD ROM drive)

THe machine then runs and panics with the following:

panic vga_common_setup couldn't map memory

stopped @ 0xffffc0000562a64 ret zero,(ra)

I tried removiong the memory card and placing another one in, but I get the same error message.

I am using 2 128Mg cards from DEC with 2 LSI LIA9277 chips as well as many small HM5116400A56 chips.

Anyone wih any ideas/ solutions, suggestions.... I would be more than greatly appreciative.

Thanks a million to all in advance.

Sincerely;

Uriel Ash
AMP Communications