Subject: Sysinst 1.6 trouble with cooked mode
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/28/2002 23:53:07
I reported about this before for 1.5: there is a problem with sysinst
switching the terminal to cooked mode. I noticed it several times before
on the VAX, because it is a testing machine, but now I also noticed when
I upgraded my Alpha to 1.6. See below for the original message.

Also, sysinst cannot be used on an Adm-12 terminal. The Enter key is
interpreted the same as the Cursor Down key, so it is impossible to make
any menu selection. (the cursor down key generates ^J and enter
generates ^M). I had to plug in another terminal for installation.

----- Forwarded message from Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl> -----