Subject: Re: Marking failed RAID 0 drive as not failed without replacement?
To: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/22/2002 11:21:31
On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 05:52:30PM -0400, Paul Mather wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 11:12:23PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> => Can you post the output of raidctl -s raid0 ?
>
> Here it is:
> [...]

Well, this is strange. I don't think the component should have been marked
failed in this case, the error should just have been reported to userland.
This is likely a bug in raidframe.
Even though it did mark the component failed, it's likely that it is
still using it, or the raid0 would be unusable.

I suggest to run a raidctl -R on the failed component, to mark it as available
again. Or you may have trouble after a reboot.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>