Subject: Re: What is the best method to load Netbsd on a Jensen ?
To: Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/13/2002 20:16:47
Hello Stanley,

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:40:15 -0700 (PDT) Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a Jensen axp-150 which is not very easy to
> load. I can not get the cdrom to boot. The cdrom works
> on netbsd-vax and netbsd-pmax it's a RD43-A. Aboot on

No, it's an RRD43-A :-)

> the harddrive will boot and load a ramdisk from the
> floppy. Using a DEC 3000/300 I loaded both 1.5.1 and
> 1.5.2 by swapping hard drives but both hang after

You know, I reported this bug about 1 and a half year ago. I announced here to
give anyone who wants to work on this bug the opportunety for console access
to a Jensen, but noone wanted to fix it. I'm not that good in driver hacking
and so I can't do it.
But I have to say I don't know whether this is fixed in 1.6 or not...

So again for the dear developers: I offer console access to anyone who is willing
to fix this bug - no problem.

> my internal network doesn't support ftp ( problem with
> proxy server ). I don't have the ECU disk for windows
> NT, at this point I will try any OS. I have a vms disk
> on order. Redhat linux 7.2 will not boot past aboot on

VMS works, I have it running, so does Tru64 <= 5.0.

> can handle setting up a netboot. Is there a older
> version of netbsd that may work like 1.4 ? And is a
> iso image available ?

Read the archives - I already had this problem with 1.4.
(removing the floppy drive doesn't help either, BTW)

Greetings,
	Freddy