Subject: Re: Memory management fault w/NetBSD/alpha 1.6_RC1
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/03/2002 18:17:41
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> My guess is the stack got smashed somewhere, and a bogus RA was fetched
> from the stack before a function return.
>
> What was the system doing when this happened?

I don't really know... my Windows laptop had gone to sleep with a ssh
connection open to the Alpha. When I woke it up, it had lost the ssh
connection, so I tried to reconnect and got no response. Then tried to
ping the alpha, and didn't get anything back from that either. So I went
to look at the console and saw that it had crashed and was busy fscking.

Whether that's at all related, I have no idea :) The machine is also a
mail and web server, and runs a webmail program that a dozen or so
people use.