Subject: Re: 1.6E stray irq for SCSI controller halts system.
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/04/2002 13:58:08
Michael, thanks for that excellent explaination.  I agree that a periodic
timer would be helpful .. especially with respects to the 3COM.  However,
I was able to recreate the "stopped logging" scenario within minutes of
booting .. So that wouldn't help with what was happening with the AHC.

I think for my situation, the short term solution is to just use a
different card.

> think that has been fixed in -current and 1.6).  I've been able to clear
> this condition by getting into the debugger and calling the routine to
> enable the interrupt (I can't remember the exact procedure at the moment).

Since it was occuring within seconds of running my for i in sd1a sd2a ...
it wouldn't help :(

Thanks again.