Subject: Re: DEC hardware question
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Clemmitt Sigler <siglercm@alphamb2.phys.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/19/2002 12:44:56
Hi,

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> Wasn't / is there a problem with the PMAD-A TC Ethernet card? It works
> on PMAX but not in a TC Alpha?

As of the latest testing I've done, this is still correct.  PMAD-AA
TurboChannel Ethernet cards won't work in Alpha 3000 TC bus machines.
It is reported to work fine on PMAX.

I'm not much of a kernel hacker but am still willing to work with
someone who's interested in looking at this problem.  I have the
necessary hardware, and even have some spare equipment I'm willing
to give someone who can help fix this.

My only guess is that the code for the built-in PMAD-BA interface
(IOCTL ASIC, file syssrc/sys/dev/tc/if_le_ioasic.c) and the
TC PMAD-AA (TC bus, file syssrc/sys/dev/tc/if_le_tc.c) is quite
different, and the TC initialization isn't quite right.  This is
just a guess.

					Clemmitt Sigler