Subject: Re: DEC hardware question
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/19/2002 09:33:15
On 2002.07.19 08:30 der Mouse wrote:

> Well, that's the theory.  In practice, there have been problems,
> particularly with PCI busses on big-endian machines (a lot of PCI
> hardware assumes it's on Intel, ie, little-endian).
I meant this in principle. If it doesn't work due to sloppy hardware
design, this is clearly a problem of the hardware, not NetBSD. So we see
here the well known phenomenon of the difference betwen theory and
practice. ;-)

> Fortunately(?), the alpha is little-endian, so that particular
> problem won't bite, but there may be others.
Wasn't / is there a problem with the PMAD-A TC Ethernet card? It works
on PMAX but not in a TC Alpha?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen