Subject: KDE3?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/15/2002 01:24:12
Are there any other masochists that have attempted to install & run KDE3
out of pkgsrc on alpha?

I'm close to success (it all compiles cleanly, if you remove the apm
references in ksysguard), but there seems to be an incompatibility with
dcopserver and NetBSD-alpha.  I recall this problem the last time I tried
KDE2, some many months ago.  I've tried all the 'standard' fixes gleaned
from Google (delete /tmp/*, delete ~/.DCOP* ~/.kde...); but dcopserver just
dies with no meaningful error message ("DCOPserver failed self test!") and
denies me my bloated KDE goodness.

Anyone else have more luck?

Thx
Dave