Subject: What 21164 board to buy?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/2002 19:14:12
Well, I'm in the market for a 21164-based Alpha now. I'm looking
for an ATX motherboard. I think that realistically leaves me with these:

eb164
AlphaPC 164
AlphaPC 164SX
AlphaPC 164LX

(There are Samsung boards and others, but I don't have the foggiest
clue how to find them.)

Which board is the best? Has the fewest quirks? Has quirks that are
less bad? Works with the most SCSI cards?

If an '875 SCSI card is recognized by the AXPpci33 firmware is it a
pretty good bet that a 164 will recognize it?

I've been collecting de450 and de500 cards. Is there any reason to
pick any particular board based on use of these cards? I seem to
recall some sort of problem using some ethernet cards with some
models of board. Anyone remember?

And while I'm asking, if I get a board without an I/O panel in the
back, where can I get a replacement?

Thanks for any help.

Seen on bottom of IBM part number 1887724:
DO NOT EXPOSE MOUSE PAD TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME.