Subject: Re: Blank screen
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul de Weerd <paul@mail.me.maar.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/21/2002 01:00:05
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 06:55:02PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
| On June 21, Mattias Karlsson wrote:
| > I've searched port-alpha mailinglist for similar problems, some messages
| > say Alpha does not need XF86Config, and that it should just "work".
| >
| > But DOES X on Alpha really support VGA? You sure?
| > Hope so :)
|
|   As I understand it, the "regular" NetBSD/alpha X stuff is TGA-only.
| Use NetBSD's XFree86 distribution to get VGA support.  Then (of
| course) you definitely do need an XF86Config file.
|
|   I've done this myself...it definitely does work.

I've got a PowerStorm 4D60T for anyone that can help me get my PWS600
running with a Voodoo Banshee 16MB card. Or a Voodoo Banshee 16MB card
for anyone that can help me get my PWS600 running with a PowerStorm
4D60T. All I want is some decent X from my Alpha ;P

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/