Subject: Re: TGA video cards
To: Collin Baillie <Collin.Baillie@world.net>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/17/2002 14:40:03
Collin Baillie wrote:

> [...]

This is because the newer SRM in the Miata does not initialise the
older TGA cards, and the NetBSD driver relies on the fact that the
card is initialised.  I briefly looked into doing the right thing
for this (and it is on my rather long TODO list), but it is a little
bit of work because the clockchips on the older TGAs are different
than those on the TGA2s.  I was hoping that they were the same,
because in that case it would have been a doddle.  :-)

I've retired my miata from Xserver work, and have been trying to
transition to my XP1k with a PowerStorm 4d20 in it.  I shall report
about whether the XP1k does the appropriate initialisation of the
older TGA cards when I get back from my [extended] Usenix trip.

I actually had a bit of a problem with the XP1k and the TGA2, namely
that the card did not appear to be properly receiving interrupts.
Unfortunately, I had only put the card in the night before I left
for Usenix, so I did not have time to track this down.  It was on
1.6_BETA1.

Has anyone successfully used a TGA2 in their XP1k?

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==