Subject: Re: DEFZA-AA
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/2002 20:13:48
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jochen Kunz" <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
To: <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 05:02 PM

> On 2002.06.09 21:46 Robert Schaefer wrote:
>
> > There are some google hits on port-pmax that indicated ~40Mb/s
> > is all you'll see with a DEFTA, being as it's an older card.
s/T/Z
> I know that, read it all... But I don't trust that ttcp measurements
> much, as this numbers weren't taken by me. ;-)

^_^  I have my doubts too, but as soon as I realized the one was older than
the other, my decision was easy.

<snip>

> > What kind of switch are you using?
> Cabletron ESX-1320. Works very well. Only 10MBit on the Ethernet, but
> that is OK. My only 100MBit Ethernet machine is the PWS 500au that is on
> the FDDI side via a DEFPA...

Cool.  Nothing in the rack even does full duplex, so there's no reason to go
to a 100bTX switch, but I do want it right on the FDDI backbone.  An epay
search popped up an ESX-1320 w/o an uplink option, but no bids on his
opening price of $99.  I'll keep an eye out for one.

ObAlpha:  Are the memory risers in an M700 electrically the same as the
risers in an M800?  If I took out the drive tray in the M700, it looks like
there'd be enough room to fit the risers outta the M800 in it.  With a set
of full risers, would the M700 then have 1GB of RAM, or would I destroy both
machines?

> --
>

> tschüß,
>          Jochen