Subject: Re: Powersupply question.
To: Michael Kukat" , "Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se>
From: Chris Rupnik <crupnik@videotron.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/06/2002 08:15:17
Hi
 I have an axppci and use a completely standard AT power supply (250W). The
3.3v is only needed if you use 3.3v PCI cards, and from I was told, there
are few if any of those.

 I will tell you that I smoked my previous 200W power supply when I plugged
in my 64 bit qlogic fiber channel card. As soon as I connected the drives
(which are powered by another enclosure), foomb and the puff of smoke. oh
well. There was a load on the system, there is a FDDI card, the qlogic, a
3com 100BT, and a couple other various ones (isa) in there too.

Chris