Subject: Re: Digital Multia & NetBSD
To: Benjamin Gardiner <cv_alpha@carnagevisors.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/28/2002 08:56:06
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:41:08PM +1000, Benjamin Gardiner wrote:

 > What I wan't to ask is, 16meg memory, is it enough? or should I try and
 > get some more memory for the machine?

So, I've actually botted NetBSD/alpha in as little as 8MB.  But it's
fair to say that it's a pretty painful experience to do so :-)

On the other hand, I ran a NetBSD/alpha server with only 32MB, and it
worked well enough for years (until the hardware became flaky, likely
due to heat).

My Multia (which, admittedly, hasn't been turned on in about a year) has
32MB also, and it works as well as a Multia can be expeceted to work :-)

You might be okay with 16MB, but if you can scare up another 16MB, I think
you'll be happier.