Subject: Re: Digital Multia & NetBSD
To: Benjamin Gardiner <cv_alpha@carnagevisors.net>
From: Chrischen <cchen@nougat.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/28/2002 00:57:05
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 04:41:08PM +1000, Benjamin Gardiner wrote:
> from going through the archives it seems that one can't netboot these
> machines, is this still the case? (I am still going through the archives,
> I am up to 1998 at the moment ;) so I am not 100% sure yet.

From personal experience, you can netboot them!

At least some of them.

It's a firmware issue. First thing you should do is NOT UPDATE the firmware.
Apparently the last revision broke netbooting for a lot of people (surprisingly
enough mine still worked after updating, but hey, YMMV)...

That's my vote, anyway.

A diskless multia with 24-bit color is truly a wonderfully quiet, yet modern
way to X.

--
Chris Chen <cchen@Nougat.ORG>
Beyond Chewable