Subject: Re: DEC 500a
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/14/2002 08:49:59
Hi!
I got a DPW 500a,
I bought it 1 year ago and I payed it 1000 Euro with 6 month warranty.
DPWs are GREAT, it always worked fine, but I am running FreeBSD on it and
not NetBSD. I have a matrox Millennium II video card. I was not able to
make it work on NetBSD even if the same XFree86 version is running.
Anyway the machine works very very fine.
With 10 CPU intensive processes running at the same time DPW is faster
than a Penitum III 1GHz. Of course wity only 1 process running Pentium III
1GHz is faster as CPU speed.
But the 2MB cache make DPW a very competitive if u use it as a high high
loaded internet server (httpd sendmail etc.)

ciao

Rick