Subject: XFree 4.2 on alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/26/2002 11:52:31
Sorry if this should be in the x group, but everything here is still
port-specific.

Has anyone compiled the current xfree branch (4.2.0) on alpha into a
functional Xserver?  I'm coming from a perfectly fine 4.1.0 installation on
an MGA 2164w.  I get the following runtime error even with -Wl,-E specified
in the Xserver makefile:

/usr/X11R6/bin/X: Undefined PLT symbol "strlen" (reloc type = 26, symnum =
226)

Two questions:
	1.  Full dynamic symbol tables.  Why do we still need them?
	2.  Simon Burge's bsd_axp.c and bsd_video.c patches (still necessary, even
since 4.0.2 over a year ago).  Does XFree know about them?  (NetBSD-Alpha
should be a PRIORITY for them!!  ;^)

Thanks much,
Dave Hopper