Subject: Re: Weird behavior in -current
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/13/2002 17:44:22
[ cleaning up old email ]

Peter Seebach wrote:

> So, my machine still hangs if I try to boot multiuser, but if I boot single
> user and type "exit" right away, it works fine.  The hang is in ifconfig fxp0.
>
> Anyone have suggestions for useful debugging?  I have kdebug, and a serial
> console, so I can poke about some, but I'm not very familiar with the
> debugger.

My -current play-alpha has an fxp, and recently (the last few months)
it's started playing up when it gets to the "ifconfig fxp0" bit.  Using
an known old working kernel didn't help.  The only way I know of to
ensure a successful boot is to make sure I type "init" at SRM before
booting each time.

I'm putting it down to some weird hardware lossage for now and haven't
really looked any further...

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/