Subject: Re: Password lenght
To: Lars <cryptr@cryptr.net>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/27/2002 14:23:24
Lars wrote:

>lo mate's
>
>I know ive asked this before, but are there no ways of getting 1.5.2 using
>longer passwords tehn 8 chars? without going to current as ive heard can
>do this.
>
>Lars

Hmmm, I don't have a 1.5.x system handy, but on my -current alpha
there is passwd.conf(5) which allows the setting of the cipher type
and I would imagine that md5, say, would allow arbitrary length
passwords.  Ah, the man page states that it is slated to appear in
NetBSD 1.6, but someone may have ported it back to the 1.5 branch.

[so at the very least, the next release will have the functionality.]

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==