Subject: Re: X and AS1200/Digirtal 5300 and misc questions
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/15/2002 22:13:24
[originally I accidentally replied only to the sender rather than
 the list.]

hypogov@dcrypt.net wrote:

>1) I'm running the Wasabi distro of NetBSD 1.5.2 on an AlphaServer 1200
>and I get the frame buffer error described in some previous posts.  I've
>heard several different answers for a few people, so what would be
>recommended?  I plan on upgrading to the whatever version is current,
>but does that include the patch or new source for X?  If not, what is
>the directory containing the correct X source that I need?

What video card do you have?  Would you mind sending your dmesg?
There are a couple of answers and it depends on the h/w that's in
the machine.

>4) Know of any good sources of info regarding Alphas?

There's a lot of info [in postscript files] in Chris Demetriou's Alpha
documentation references, which you can find on the NetBSD/alpha page
of www.netbsd.org.  http://www.NetBSD.ORG/Ports/alpha/

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==