Subject: Re: Install Problem with 1.5.2
To: Markus Bangerter <markus.bangerter@nextra.ch>
From: Lars <cryptr@cryptr.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/11/2002 09:11:18
prolly need to change the blocksize and stuff, the default is
4096 and 1024 change it to 32768 and 4096 then it will work.

got the same error on my alpha eb164 but after the changes in fdisk
the installaton ran smoothly.

lars

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Markus Bangerter wrote:

> i'm fairly new to netbsd
>
> try to install netbsd 1.5.2 on my alphastation 500.
>
> i bo boot dka600 to boot from cd-rom. this works fine.
>
> in the 'utility menu' i configured my network settings, then
> i select 'install netbsd to harddisk', choose hd 'sd0' with
> 'standard installation'
>
> after that, i get an error message:
>
> status: failed
> command: /sbin/newfs /dev/rsd0a
>
> and it says something about block-size and stuff like this.
>
> i want to have really basic partitioning on a 4gb drive like:
>
> 256mb  swap
> 3800mb /
>
> is there an fdisk in the shell, to do it manually ?
>
> many thanks
>
> markus

Cell: +46 70 328 02 46
Mail: cryptr@cryptr.net
Home: http://www.cryptr.net/

- Thirty years after its creation, UNIX still remains a phenomenon -