Subject: Re: Corrupted 20011221-1.5ZA Snapshot
To: None <cjs@cynic.net, nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: r.o.s.s <ross@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/2002 09:06:37
> From port-alpha-owner@netbsd.org Thu Feb 28 18:12:43 2002
> Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:03:59 +0900 (JST)
> From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
> To: "Nathan J. Williams" <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
> Cc: port-alpha@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: Corrupted 20011221-1.5ZA Snapshot
>
> On 28 Feb 2002, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
>
> > The 1.5ZA snapshot you used was in a subdirectory of the alpha
> > snapshots directory called "pending.untested" (You never mentioned
> > that).
>
> I never mentioned that because it was not in that subdirectory. It
> was in the same directory as all of the other snapshots; the
> pending.untested directory was empty.
>
> > For not doing so, and for inflicting the untested snapshot on a
> > customer, when there were older snapshots, you are a disgrace.
>
> You are a disgrace for putting me in a bad light by lying.
>
> Any other flames, while we're at it?
>
> cjs
> --
> Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org
>     Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light.  --XTC

This wasn't Nathan's fault, I accidently led him astray here.

I knew that snapshot was _supposed_ to be in the strangely empty
pending.untested directory, but for reasons unknown it wasn't.

Since it had already been deleted from nbftp I had no easy way to
tell where it had been, either, and knowing that it was supposed
to be in pending.untested (that directory was created purely for
the ZA snapshot) I mentioned that to a few people privately.

Then I looked around at the mirror sites that still had their rsyncs
pending and realized that ZA had been misfiled.

I corrected my disinformation but it got lost in the chatter. Nathan
saw the first comment but not the second...sorry!

	r.o.s.s