Subject: RE: multia + arc not working?
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Little Buddah <mjasner@snowhite.cis.temple.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/22/2002 14:16:43
> 	Huh? that short little riser is the SCSI card. What connectors are
> on it?

Yeah I know, but I got the multia 3rd or 4th hand and even that was
missing. It came BAREbones... The case, power supply, board, floppy drive
and floppy cable. That's it... I had some memory for it laying around the
house, and I have a laptop hard drive, but i need the cable. I don't have
the scsi card/riser at all. Someone removed it at some point... It's
expensive on starship too...

Does anyone know if other PCI scsi cards are supported? Which ones?

> 	Here's one tip. Open it up, and replace the fan with a higher output
> one. Or, you can clip the thermal resistor off of the existaing fan. That
> will allow the fan to run at full speed all the time.
> 	If you are going to water cool, look at some of the OC sites for
> info. And crank up the speed of it while you're at it... ;-)

One thing at a time. I'm thinking a water cooled, sped up multia would be
a nice thing... *rubbing fingers maniacly together*

> 	If you're gonna use just NetBSD, I wouldn't worry.

Well my first pref is linux, but either is ok.

Thanks again
Marc