Subject: multia + arc not working?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Little Buddah <mjasner@snowhite.cis.temple.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/21/2002 19:06:36
Hi all, I'm a linux/bsd guy for several years now (if it weren't for bsd
my decstation would be almost useless!) and I recently got my hands on a
Multia (166mhz).

When i got it the rom was empty because the battery had long since died. I
replaced the battery with one that i knew was weak, but it was the best
one I had. I ran the failsafe disk and then flashed the rom with the image
from udbupd38.img (or something like that) and now when I boot I get the
SRM console.

I want to install either bsd or linux on it (not sure yet) but I hear you
need to use the ARC console for that. So i type "arc" and the system says
output, no keyboard activity, etc... If i reboot the machine it tries to
go into arc by default and does the same thing.

I'm thinking it's either the dead battery (would this keep arc from
graphics mode? Should i change the jumpers for that? I'm use an IBM e15 or
15v for my monitor. Can't remember which it is. Something like that).

I really want to get this working. It's a cool little box and I got it in
exchange for a dumb terminal, so if it works then i clearly won the trade.
;P

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Marc
                       Useless Quotes of the Day

A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle.

Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Half of the people in the world are below average.

Madness takes it's toll, please have exact change

Useless advice #986:  Never sit on a tack.

Generated by SIGQUOTE by Marc Jasner
http://thunder.temple.edu/~mjasner/sigquote