Subject: Re: Unsuccessful chip replacement attempt
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/08/2002 23:26:38
[ On Friday, February 8, 2002 at 22:11:06 (-0500), kpneal@pobox.com wrote: ]
> Subject: Re:  Unsuccessful chip replacement attempt
>
> Spoken like a man who already has the proper equipment and skills.

Unfortunatley the word "proper" doesn't (yet) apply....  :-)

Someday I'll either find a used SMT workstation, or be able to afford a
new one.  As for the skills, well they may or may not come along
sometime after that.  :-)

In the mean time I will someday get enough incentive to actually bring
my Multias alive again -- they are damn nice little machines, very
elegant and frugal but functional and featureful design for their time.

> I'm not even going to tell how many times I messed up trying to wire
> up a serial port for an AXPpci33. The part that really sucks is that
> I have three of these boards, and I need two ports per board. Oh, and
> I'll never get the parallel ports right. I wish I could buy the cables.

You probably can buy them, but perhaps not at a price you're willing to
pay.  Black Box and many lesser known cable companies will make cables
to order.

--
								Greg A. Woods