Subject: Re: Unsuccessful chip replacement attempt
To: Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/08/2002 19:17:42
[ On Saturday, February 9, 2002 at 01:07:15 (+0100), Rumi Szabolcs wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Unsuccessful chip replacement attempt
>
> BTW, its _very_ unfortunate that the Multia FAQ mentions this
> method, which is probably more dangerous than any other coming
> to my mind right now...

I think the problem is that some people seem to believe that once they
have a Dremel tool any hardware modification is possible.  They couldn't
be further from the truth, though most of them can be excused since the
fault no doubt lies with the marketing and advertising that has
convinved us all to buy one (or one of the many clones).  I know I've
nearly made as many ugly messes with mine as I have successful
applications.  Dremel tools should probably be restricted and sold only
to licensed and highly trained professionals!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods