Subject: Re: Multia serial console
To: Rumi Szabolcs <rumi_ml@rtfm.hu>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/30/2002 10:59:22
"Rumi Szabolcs" wrote:

>Hello!
>
>i tried to put a serial console on my Multia, pulled the
>keyboard out so i got the SRM console on the serial
>terminal. then i booted NetBSD, and after the kernel
>messages (at starting init?) the whole thing just
>freezed - or at least it looked like.
>how could i fix that?

was it after the kernel messages or after the rc messages?  I've
used my multias with serial consoles---so there shouldn't be any
problem there.  If it was after the rc messages, then you probably
don't have a getty(8) starting on the serial port.  In that case
edit /etc/ttys to have /dev/ttyC0 to be on.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==