Subject: Re: DECpc AXP 150 and NetBSD install
To: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
From: Bill Norman <normanb@surftx.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/28/2002 18:52:25
Rick,

Here are the results (note: I had to retype this so if anything does not
look correct, like missing a 0, it was probably me):

test mem

T-SCSI-MEM - Cell Test 00200000 <-> 04000000
T-SCSI-MEM -        Wr AAAAAAAA Addr 03FFFFFC
T-SCSI-MEM -        FWD - Rd AAAAAAAA Wr 55555555 Addr 03FFFFFC
T-SCSI-MEM -        REV - Rd 55555555 Wr AAAAAAAA Addr 00200000
T-SCSI-MEM - Addr Test 00200000 -> 04000000
T-SCSI-MEM -         Wr Data = Addr 03FFFFFC
T-SCSI-MEM -         Rd Data = Addr 03FFFFFC
T-SCSI-MEM - LLSC Test Addr 00200000
T-SCSI-MEM - Clr Mem 00200000 -> 04000000
T-SCSI-MEM -       Wr 00000000 Addr 03FFFFFC

OK

test scsi

T-SCSI-INIT A
T-SCSI-HBM A
T-SCSI-INT A
T-FLOP

OK

Something that I have done since I posted the first info.  I went to
ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/ARCHIVES/JENSEN_INSTALL and used the
firmware update and ECU to update my system.

I used the minlabel.exe and copyboot.exe to partition the first harddrive
with a /boot, /SWAP, /EXT2 partitions using the ARC boot.  I then copied the
bootdisk to the harddrive.

I switched back to the OSF and from the >>> prompt, I typed BOOT -FL INSTALL
DKA000.

Then it runs a little and I get the following error:

?02 KSP INVAL
  PC=00000000.200000000 PSL= 00000000.00001F00

I also have to make a ramdisk for netBSD to run in the above way.  So, that
may be the reason for the above error.

Back to more reading.

Thanks,
Bill Norman