Subject: Re: Some progress with Multia - but still not done
To: Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/28/2002 22:35:13
Jack Twilley wrote:
> I'm using V3.8-3 of the firmware, the netboot from the online form
> with broken firmware set to yes, and a set of NFS mounts constructed
> as per the NetBSD documentation on setting up a diskless workstation.

this firmware seems to be no good for netboot. I never succeed in
getting it working. I always thought this version would be the latest
that's available but from your mail I learned about "X4.5-819".
I installed it some hours ago and .. it netbooted fine! .. But during
kernel startup, the system hangs with lots of network interface errors.
My second Multia which has a SCSI disk didn't behave much better. I get
a lot of SCSI DMA errors and the systems hangs during boot. I'm back to
SRM V3.8-3 now. No netboot, but at least it runs clean :/. If someone
knows which is the ultimate SRM version and where to get it, please
mail me :)

Werner