Subject: Re: Installing 1.5.2 to a PWS 600a(u)
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/22/2002 19:35:31
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:39:36AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   [I must add my comment here]
[must add my answer here]

>   Full control is very nice...but I've used sysinst exclusively, on
> dozens of systems (Alpha and SPARC), for ages now.  It rocks.  Never
> had a problem with it.
I use sysinst on i386 to get around that wired fdisk thing...
I have everything in place to boot a machine diskless. So
untaring somthing into the nfs-root, droping somthing into
/tftpboot and a vi /etc/bootptab, ... or the like is done in
a few minutes. If the machine is booted diskless, disklabnel,
newfs, mount, untar, installboot, ... is easy to do.
Therefore I prefere to do it by hand.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen