Subject: Re: newfs core dumping in 1.5ZA snapshot
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/21/2002 23:49:35
In message <20020121213904.R25631-100000@ivy.seqiro.com>, "Michael B. Schmitz"
writes:
>Yes, I've reported it before, and someone else has too, but no
>one ever responded.  I've forgotten the details, but there is
>a definite file system size where below the size, newfs succeeds
>and above the size newfs core dumps.  It was pretty small, like
>80MB IIRC.

That sounds plausible.  Well, I'm currently building myself a new system
from the last source tarballs, and once I've got that in place, I'll start
updating and see if I can reproduce it - and then see if I can figure
out what's wrong.  If anyone more competent gets to it first, of course,
that'll be better.  ;-)

-s