Subject: Re: Installing 1.5ZA on a DEC 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2002 22:18:47
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Jochen Kmietsch wrote:

=> for me, trying just that was unsuccessful, using a boot-CD with the
=> installer on it.  The newfs command always failed, and using a second disk
=> with 1.5.2 on it, partitioning the disk, 1.5ZA would not see the
=> partitions, the disklabel just displayed the "c" partition.  Has anybody
=> else installed from scratch?  I thought that would be the better choice
=> than upgrading, I guess not.  I used the snapshot from last 12/21/2001.

I installed an early 1.5-current snapshot on a DEC 3000/300 system via
FTP, booting from a boot floppy.  It went smoothly.  (I've also
installed a much earlier -release on another DEC 3000/300, also via FTP
and a boot floppy.  The 1.5 installer was a big improvement.  Kudos to
all those involved!)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu