Subject: Re: Multia hard disk problem
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2002 18:18:23
Hello,

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> - My effort to document how to create a boot floppy for Multias with IDE
> drives inside...

I _WANT_ tu use this SCSI drive ;-) And now i got it:

If someone has the same problem, just build a new kernel, disable the siop-
driver, and enable the old ncr-driver. Maybe the siop-driver has a bug. I will
try to find it if i find the time.

> - My effort at trying to get 1.5.1 serial console working...

Will check it out. It seems to be an IRQ problem (another sign that the Multia
was intended to be a PeeCee :), i have to fiddle around a bit with this, as i
need serial port _AND_ both PCMCIA slots (this firewall just needs 4 network
adapters, so 1 PCI and 2 PCMCIA will be used). As soon as i get this running,
i will send kernel config and some hints here or put it in some public place,
maybe this is of interest of more people.

Ok, unpax'ing distribution sets now...

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX