Subject: Re: DEC 3000/300
To: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
From: Jochen Kmietsch <jochen.kmietsch@tu-clausthal.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2002 17:01:37
Hello!

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it wrote:

> anyone of you knows how to enable serial console instead of graphics
> console on dec 3000?

For me, unplugging the keyboard did the job when trying to install.  Have
not gotten further yet, but I suspect that NetBSD will behave like that,
too?

I just tried to install 1.5ZA on my 3000/M300.  I booted from CD, used the
Standard disk layout for the internal DEC HD and when newfs is trying to
write the Super-Blocks it fails with a "Disk full" error after writing the
second Super-Block.  I tried a different external SCSI-Disk, same error.
Any hints on what to do?

Jochen