Subject: Re: Multia error Codes
To: None <kenn@refriedgeek.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/15/2002 01:22:50
At 9:23 PM -0500 1/5/02, Ken Nagorski wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I have been trying to find out what the error code for my Multia means, I
>get one long flash and ten short flasshes,
>
>I know that one long flash and fourteen short means bad memory but this is
>definatley ten. I don't know what is up cause there is a new motherboard in
>there and I added a fan and run it with the case of. It is not a heat
>issue.

I think that it is important to note that there are many computers
which are designed so that the case cover is an integral part of the
cooling design (creating a particular airflow pattern). With such
computers, you will CREATE a heat issue by removing the case, as
opposed to alleviating it. That being said, I don't have a multia nor
do I know whether the case cover is necessary for the proper airflow.

Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.