Subject: Re: breaking to SRM via a terminal server.
To: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/14/2002 12:56:16
Stephen M Jones writes:
-                                          I've been sifting through the
- livingston portmaster archives and have found nearly nothing in regards to
- sending breaks down serial lines to get a machine to drop to firmware.

	telling telnet to send the break sequence sends a break
`character' down the attached serial line.  I know, I've watched
it happen.. I've done it.. (I've got two PM2E's acting as
Console servers, with a third sitting in the spares closet.)

	Now, if nothing on the remote end groks the break signal
as ``drop to SRM'', that's a different problem.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
 Most [computer] users are victims of their software and don't even know it.