Subject: Floating Point broken on Alpha 21066?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/03/2002 17:08:08
Hello,

I had a very hard time getting my Multia up&running. I get
lot's of floating point exceptions which prevented (for
example) the disk label editor form working. After partioning
with an old OpenBSD-2.6 (which worked), I could boot the NetBSD
1.5.2 boot disks, start a shell, configure network and FTP and
extract the base-distribution by hand. After installboot the
systems works, but I get floating point exceptions for most
commands I use (top, ps, ping, cc ....). I searched the net
and found the following article posted by a LINUX user:
http://www.bluegum.com/NetNews/default/69.html

Does anyone else discovered problems like this on *BSD? (I got
nearly the same effect while trying to install OpenBSD and FreeBSD)

:(
    Werner