Subject: Booting from more than one boot partition.....
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/30/2001 21:55:43
I finally got around to trying this out a few days ago.

If I set the bootdef_dev variable in the SRM to multiple devices
with a comma between them then the SRM will attempt to boot from one
until it gets to a device that actually works. I configured my test
box to boot from the CD-ROM and then the hard drive, figuring this
would be handy when the machine is turned into a read-only firewall
later.

Pretty slick.
--
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...