Subject: Re: Who is booting Alpha AXP 150 (aka Jensen)
To: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/27/2001 19:32:32
On 2001.12.27 13:21 Wilko Bulte wrote:

> OVMS is a nice OS. And that is me, a Unix geek, saying so ;-)
I call VMS VeryMuchStrange. I honor that it is a OS that can move bing
rocks, but unfortunately I can not get "warm" with it.

> Esp. the security model is much better. Unix all-or-nothing root
> privs suck.=20
Oh yes. This is a significant weakness of Unix.

> > Is'nt there a Tru64 hobbyist licence available?=20
> Yes. But you need (I think) 5.0 T64 or earlier for Jensen.
That you don't have... Hmm. That is bad. Once I tried Tru64 5.1 on my
DEC 3000 600 and it worked. So I am a bit astonished that it does not
support the DEC 2000 aka Jensen.=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen