Subject: Re: Who is booting Alpha AXP 150 (aka Jensen)
To: Andy V. Churaevsky <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Duane Eddingfield <deddingf@wecs.bc.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/25/2001 17:38:10
On Tuesday 25 December 2001 10:30, Andy V. Churaevsky wrote:
> I have:

> eisa0 at jensenio0
> ahb0 at eisa0 slot 2: Adaptec AHA-1742A SCSI
> ahb0: interrupting at eisa irq 12
> scsibus0 at ahb0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
> isa0 at jensenio0
> fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2
> fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB, 80 cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is normal. There is still some debugging to do in the driver code
somewhere. I the real problem is that the developers do not have access
to a machine.

     I wish I could be of help as I would love to run NetBSD on at least one
of my 3 Jensens.  I have RedHat running on two of them but it is such a pig
as to be not very usefull. I wish I was enough of a kernel hacker to be able
to fix it myself, there are a lot of Jensens in existance.

    One of my ideas was to run NetBSD on one of my Alphastations and look
at the source and go from there. Would any of the NetBSD developers be
able to lend me a hand?

    Another alternative is for me to donate a machine to the developers. Would
anyone be interested? I am in Canada so shipping and customs would be some
hassle, but if its within reason I would be happy to contribute a machine.

Cheers,

</Duane>