Subject: Miata GL 500au + Powerstorm 3D30
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/24/2001 14:38:20
G'day,

I've finally obtained a Powerstorm 3D30 (BXGB-AA) graphics card and was hoping
to get this system to work in graphics mode after setting the console
to graphics at the SRM prompt. However, the system refuses to cooperate
and stays in serial console mode.

NetBSD seems to detect the card ok...

tga0 at pci1 dev 8 function 0: TGA2 pass 2, board type T8-02
tga0: 1280 x 1024, 8bpp, Bt485 RAMDAC
tga0: interrupting at dec 550 irq 12

Is there anything I need to do besides setting console to graphics at
the SRM prompt? Does the setting of the switch at the top of the card
have any bearing on booting into graphics mode (I tried a few
different settings without luck)?

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes