Subject: Re: OT: a dumb alpha question
To: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/14/2001 13:04:01
On December 14, Linc Fessenden wrote:
> > > Dave McGuire using KDE?  Say it isn't so!
> >
> >   Huh?  Why?
>
> Reminds me too much of M$...

  It reminds me of M$ in that there's a bitmapped display with windows
on it...nothing more than that.  For me, there are enough differences
to keep it from being offensive.

> Nope..  :-)  If you *really* want cool, ya gotta stick with TWM!

  You're a weirdo, Linc. ;)

> I love XFCE..  It has some body to it and runs well to boot.  Never tried
> it on IRIX though - probably cause I don't have an SGI :-)  I did mean
> windowmaker, you're right.  Right now I normally use Blackbox myself just
> because it's easy to tinker with and gives me multiple virtual
> desktops.  Then again, I don't have enough power in any of my systems to
> really enjoy gnome or kde.

  I don't have enough Linux or crappy Intel processors in any of my
systems to enjoy gnome or kde.

    -Dave

--
Dave McGuire