Subject: Re: OT: a dumb alpha question
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/13/2001 21:29:02
On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 11:49:41PM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2001.12.13 23:23 Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   It makes me wonder if these folks actually *try* to write
> > nonportable code.
> This code is portable. Highly portable. From Deppian* to RatHat to Suzie
> to Mandreck** to TurboLinsux to ...
>
> When will you realise that Linux is the one and only UNIX? ***

What? Haven't you heard? Linux is winning market share at the expense
of Unix!

The press seems to think so, anyway. Linux is described as an alternative
to Unix so often I even heard one MVS guy complaining about it.  Really.
--
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...