Subject: Re: OT: a dumb alpha question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/13/2001 14:35:18
I compiled KDE2 from ports three months ago on then-current on a Miata
500a.  No errors, but it was slow as to be unusable; almost like a
run-of-the-mill Windows GUI hang.  Twenty minutes to boot into KDE.  Even
running a qt app would bring the system to a trickle.

KDE1 didn't exhibit this behavior.

I abandoned it for gnome-core and windowmaker, which doesn't exhibit the
timing bug, whatever it is.  But I, too, would love to see KDE2 (and KDE3)
on NetBSD-Alpha.

-dhop