Subject: ethernet problems on a multia
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Nagorski <kenn@pcintelligent.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/22/2001 20:54:39
Hi there,

I have a multia that of course has a built in NIC, it has been working
fine but it just died, I am not sure what is wrong but I am guesssing it
is a software issue and not a hardware issue. This is why, I opened up
ethereal on a linux box to see what was happneing, when I send out a ping
the multia does an ARP first like any other network device in the workd,
It say, who is 192.168.1.1 (the linux box) tell 192.168.1.77 (the multia)
The linux box responds with the hardware MAC address of 192.168.1.1
however this never gets put into the multia's arp table and of course the
ping fails. What would cause that? I haven't changed anything? I am a
little stuck cause I have played with it but really to be honest. I am
just not sure what to do about it...

Thanks for any advice.
Ken